There are some misconceptions about switching Property Managers that could make property owners hesitant about going forward.
These are some of the most common misconceptions amongst property owners:
- I have to wait until the tenancy is up before switching Property Managers.
- It will bring a massive change and disruption to my tenant.
- I will have to find new tenants for my property.
- A new lease will have to be signed by my tenants.
How do you know you are ready to make the switch? These are signs to look out for that you are in need of a new Property Manager:
- You rarely receive feedback or reports regarding routine inspections or maintenance repairs.
- The Property Manager assigned to you is constantly changing and you don’t know who to talk to anymore.
- 9 times out of 10 your calls and emails are not returned.
If you’re a property investor in Queensland, you can be assured that changing Property Managers isn’t as complicated or as expensive as you may think. You can expect a 30-day termination period from your current Property Manager.
You will need to prepare documentation during the process. These include:
- All lease and bond documents
- Entry report & images
- Signed Form 5
- Tenant ledger
- All keys and remotes
- Smoke & Water Compliance
When choosing your new Property Manager, make sure they are the right fit for you and your investment property.
We have years of professional experience in managing properties. Get to know our team of experts https://www.rentalresults.com.au/our-team/